Job OverviewResponsible for general cleaning and re-stocking of all areas of the bar, and maintaining guest service areas by performing the following duties:
- Ensures proper sanitation standards by maintaining cleanliness of bar, glassware, utensils, counters, and ashtrays.
- Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains adequate supply of ice to all bars, changes empty beer kegs, BIB soda boxes, and sour mix.
- Stocks the bar initially with liquor, beer, wine, juices, mixes, glassware, utensils, cocktail napkins, garnishes, etc. and provides aid to the bartenders in re-stocking and maintaining par levels of those items.
- Cleans and stocks the supply room where all bar products are stored.
- Checks dishwashing specifications and knows how to assemble/breakdown glass washer.
- Puts out sanitizer buckets with clean towels for cleaning purposes.
- Keeps all trash cans behind bars clean; brings in empty cans after trash pickup.
- Provides friendly, courteous service to guests, bartenders, and server staff.
- May be required to mix or pour drinks as needed.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.