Host With The Most / House Organizer, Supporter & Troubleshooter / House Operations Survival Talent
Job OverviewResponsible for greeting customers, checking identification (if applicable), controlling the flow of traffic, and maintaining guest areas by performing the following duties:
- Handles initial and final contact with all guests; greets guests in a positive, professional, and welcoming manner and thanks them as they leave.
- Provides information and conversation while guests are waiting and being seated.
- Introduces guests to their server.
- Accommodates guests with special requests.
- Maintains positive guest satisfaction by answering questions thoroughly, handling complaints or directing them to a manager, and providing specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Provides specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Quotes accurate wait times, distributes paging devices (if applicable), and maintains time efficient list.
- Directs guests to proper holding/waiting area.
- Coordinates orderly movement of guests within the food service area with utilization of a table management system.
- Knows table numbers, seating floor plans, and server/busser assignments.
- Communicates effectively with all guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintains organization of host stand and keeps supplies stocked.
- Answers telephone calls and related questions.
- Maintains cleanliness around front facade of the building and guest restrooms; keeps venue clean and free of litter at all times.
- Monitors and stocks restroom supplies.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within their department when applicable.
- Completes all opening, running, and closing duties as assigned.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- One year in a guest service position preferred; previous experience in a food and beverage environment helpful; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Good judgment and decision making abilities